Okay. When I say "Guide" I really mean what I do. I am in no way an Improv master (in fact, I think I suck at Improv) but these are what I do when I am improving to a song. Here a list of what I do when I improv.
1. NO MORE DARN TRICKS- Yeah It's okay to add in one or two turns here and there. But doing Battment after piroutte after areals?(sorry for spelling errors) The point of improv is to express yourself, NOT show off.
2. Feel the music- I usually let the music move me, not the other way around. If theres a click in the music, my elbow clicks. If theres a loud boom, I would do a knee drop. Your body should correspond to the music. Don't just move completely off beat. It looks weird.
3. Don't stress out about it- I know a lot of people who worry about what they're going to do during improv, but.... its improv. The point is to make it up on the spot and not pre create the dance.
Improv is a really good way of letting go. (in my opinion) Don't just stand there and look uncomfortable. Move!
Sorry if I sounded mean :)
No comments:
Post a Comment