Thursday, October 8, 2015

The End of Malerie Gold Part 2

  After heading to the counseling office to find out where my classes are, I start walking to my first class, which is Biology, room 112, block A. I'm already in block A, so I shouldn't have trouble finding the class. Good. I think to myself. Even though I already asked the lady at the counseling office I'm myself very forgetful and I forgot where my class is.
  After five minutes of my trying to find room 112, I finally find it and glance at my phone. 8:02 A.M. Great. This is the prefect impression for me to make on my first day of school. I take a deep inhale, and step inside. Everyone automatically turns there head and looks at me. I begin to freeze up when the teacher says to me in a stern voice,
  "You are late. Explain."
  I think for a couple seconds before replying in an innocent voice, "I'm so sorry. It's my first day of school ever and I had trouble finding the class."
    "You should have come earlier than, sit down, front and center," she looks down at her clipboard, "Ms. Gold."
  I scurry to my seat and sit begin to copy notes as she begins a lecture.
  Four long and painful hours later, I find the outside lunch area (without a lunch, I forgot one) and look for a seat. I scan the yellow benches and green tables surrounded by trees before I realize, Wait. Nobody knows you here except for Zachary, and he probably has his own friends. I frown, turn around and begin to leave, but I bump into a hard chest.
  "Sorry..." I mutter, then look up to see who it is.
  A tall boy who looks sixteen scowls down at me and says, "Watch it." before shoving me to the side, making me drop my French 1 book. I lean down to grab my book then stand up. I walk back inside the halls, not knowing where i'm about to go but then see Zachary. I smile and he turns around. I'm about to call his name and my smile fades. His face is red and blotchy, as if he's been crying. We make eye contact and he quickly turns away. What happened to him? He looks like he's alone, so it shouldn't be a big deal if I ask him.
   I walk up to him and ask,"Zachary, what's wrong?" He turns to look at me and sniffs. Before saying anything, he grabs my arm and drags me behind a wall outside that's been spray painted yellow and green. He takes something out of his pocket. He shows me a picture of what looks like a seven year old Zachary, and a little girl next to him I don't recognize.
  "I don't get what you're trying to show me." I say in a small voice.
  "Do you know who this girl is?" He says, while pointing to the girl in the picture.
  "No.. Who?"
  "It's you." He says quietly.
  I frown at him. Is this a stupid joke? "We've only just met today, Zachary."
  "Maybe I've just met Malerie Gold, but I knew April Young a long time ago." his voice cracks a little bit.
  April Young? That girl on the news who went missing years ago? What does this have to do with me?
  "You're confusing me. What does April Young have to do with anything?"
  "Because you're her."
  My eyes widen, then I laugh.
  "This is the worst joke ever. Okay, Let's say I was her. How would you know?"
  "Because I'm Zachary Young."
  I stare awestruck at him. As soon as he says that, everything that i've forgotten the first four years of my life comes rushing to my head somehow. I remember that I am April Young.


 Thats the end of the short story! (I know, i know, it wasn't good) but it was fun for me to write. Until next week!
                                                     -Grace :)




No comments:

Post a Comment