2006
"The four year old daughter named April Young was found to be kidnapped last night as her parents Todd Young And Maria Young were asleep in their room. No further information has been revealed, and the police are still trying to find evidence." The television turns off and I look at my parents.
"Why can't I watch?" I say to them.
"Because Malerie, It's not important." my mom says.
2016
It's my first day of high school, and I'm getting ready to leave.
"Mom! I'll be in the car!" I shout to my mom as I get into the car. She comes in two minutes later and we start driving to my new school, West High School in silence.
Fifteen minutes later we arrive and my mom kisses the top of my head.
"Have fun, and be careful." she says to me.
"Thanks. Love you!" I say and leave the car.
Standing in front of the school, I awe. It's huge, covered in our school colors which are yellow and green. Everyone including me is wearing our school uniform (an ugly green skirt/pants and a light yellow shirt). I've always been homeschooled and this is really exciting for me.
"Well, you should probably walk in instead of standing there like an idiot." a voice says behind me.
"What? Oh, yeah, sorry.." I blush as I face the boy in front of me. He looks a lot like me, we have the same medium brown hair, nose, and green eyes. We could almost be siblings.
"No worries, I'm Zachary." Zachary holds out a hand for me to shake.
"Malerie." I say and I shake his hand.
"Well, see you around. I have to get to class." he says to me, then turns around and leaves.
I nod and watch him enter the school. He looks a lot older than me. I would guess that he's a junior or a senior. I smile to myself, because I just made a friend for the first time in my life.
-Grace :)
(I'm finishing this next week by the way. I wanted to write in two parts, even though it's a short story.)
"Well, you should probably walk in instead of standing there like an idiot." a voice says behind me.
"What? Oh, yeah, sorry.." I blush as I face the boy in front of me. He looks a lot like me, we have the same medium brown hair, nose, and green eyes. We could almost be siblings.
"No worries, I'm Zachary." Zachary holds out a hand for me to shake.
"Malerie." I say and I shake his hand.
"Well, see you around. I have to get to class." he says to me, then turns around and leaves.
I nod and watch him enter the school. He looks a lot older than me. I would guess that he's a junior or a senior. I smile to myself, because I just made a friend for the first time in my life.
-Grace :)
(I'm finishing this next week by the way. I wanted to write in two parts, even though it's a short story.)
No comments:
Post a Comment