Friday, December 11, 2015

The Trip in Hong Kong

Last week I went to the one place I’ve always dreamed of going to, Hong Kong. The entire trip was amazing, and the hotel was put right in the center of what we call “the good stuff”. It was crazy being on the sixteenth floor of a small (but mighty!) building while being over half way around the world. Each day was entirely different from the other, and this is what we did while we were there.
Day One: Peak Tram
         The day my mom, dad and I arrived at Hong Kong it was about 8:00 A.M and we were all extremely tired. When we arrived at our hotel the workers said it would be about a two hour wait until our rooms were going to be ready, and we were annoyed. Luckily, they let us drop our luggage there so we could go for a wander. Somehow three minutes away from the hotel we found one of Hong Kong’s iconic places to visit: The Peak Tram. It was essentially one of the worlds steepest trams taking us up to an amazing view, as well as a huge mall. Forgetting how jet-lagged we were, we got in line for our tickets then went straight up to the tram. After we  went up the tram we made it to the mall. There wasn’t anything too interesting in there, but I did end up getting a few body lotions (they smelled exactly like peach and banana!). The mall was about five floors high, leading to the view. It was utterly breathtaking. You could see buildings and water and mountains for miles. After staring at the scenery for what felt like a lifetime, we finally came back down and our Hong Kong, we wanted to do something awesome to wrap up the trip. My dad was done working so we all went to some of the longest cable cars I have ever seen. The cable cars went over an ocean and up a mountain, making the trip about 45 minutes. We got out and arrived at a small village, where the Big Buddha was sitting. He was the worlds largest Buddha statue made out of Bronze, and he was massive. He was so high up on the mountain that it took 250 steps just to get up and see him. We took lots of pictures of him, and went back down the cable cars, then to the airport to leave.
            This trip to Hong Kong was defiantly my favorite trip I’ve ever taken, and defiantly the most memorable. The way the place was built I could only describe as dense. There was so much in such a little place, and every corner you turned it was either wealthy of poor, but everything blended together. This is what I did when I went to Hong Kong.
hotel room was ready for us.
Day Two: Cat Café
            The next day I would say was one of my favorite days in Hong Kong. My dad had to start work so my mom and I went to some nearby malls and looked around. At around lunch time, we decided to go to a cat café. Essentially a cat café is a café where you drink cat themed drinks, eat, and play with roaming cats. When we got inside the café I freaked out a little too much. There were ten cats roaming around the café and jumping on tables, playing with cat toys, etc. It wisent hygienic at all but I didn’t care, I love cats! We sat down and got drinks, (I had a hot chocolate with cat face marshmallows and whipped cream in the shape of a tail) and played with the cats. They weren’t too friendly, but adorable none the less. For the rest of the day we mainly walked around, and visited some shops.
Day Four: Shopping
            The Friday of our trip, my dad was working again so my mom and I chose just to walk around. Sadly, I was feeling extremely jet-lagged so I chose to stay at the hotel and sleep while my mom went out and shopped. They Saturday however, we went out to one of the most famous malls in Hong Kong, and spent our day there. When we were there I found my favorite store, Sanrio. Sanrio is a store that sells Kawaii items. Kawaii means “cute” in Japanese, so Kawaii stores sell cute, Japanese items. I spent at least one hundred dollars on Kawaii items, but I don’t regret a thing! We spent the rest of the day locked up in the hotel room trying to warm up from the cold weather.
Day Five: Chi Lin Nunnery
            When my mom and I woke up that Sunday, we found a nunnery and we went there. A nunnery is where women go to prey (nuns), instead on men (monks). We aren’t religious at all, but the statues we saw were still very pretty. Inside the rooms there were thirty foot golden Buddha’s, and people praying all around them. There was also a garden connected to the nunnery and we went inside, getting completely lost. It was gigantic. There were trees everywhere, along with temples, and a huge lake. We finally got out, and went back to they hotel.
  Thats mostly everything we did there! It was an awesome experience and I would love to do it again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment