Since recital at my studio is coming up (oh dear!) I thought I would share some silly moments from the past years that have made me smile.
The Wifi Dilema(2015)- At my 2015 recital, I was put into a room with all my company friends. All of us are probably the most idiotic, clumsiest people you would meet. Since all of company get moved into one room, we were all messing around. (Before I move on, keep in mind that all company girls get let into the dressing rooms early, don't ask why. Because I have no idea.) We were waiting for the show to start and we were all on our phones. The Wifi was reaalllly bad in the room we were in, and some of us were desperate. There was only one spot in the entire room that had wifi: in the corner ceiling. To get there, people had to climb on stacks of chairs to get good internet. One of my friends climbed up there... and fell. It was scary at the time, and then it became a funny joke.
2/4ths(2015)- This was actually at a competition, not a recital but I thought it was worth sharing.
We were all at our third competition of the year and we just finished our solos. We were talking about how we think they went, and some people were saying how bad they did. I tried to cheer everyone up by saying at one of the competitions I thought I was smiling the whole time. But as I watched the video back, I only smiled (I tried to say 1/3rd) 2/4ths at the time. I didn't realize I could of said 1/2 instead of 2/4, and I still get teased about it today. Every time I get interrupted, I like to say "Will you let me finish my 2/4ths?!" Its a joke were its not very funny, but somehow, it is.
The FALL(2015)- Last year at recital, I had a tap company piece. We performed it in all three shows, but the first show, bad things happened. We had a turn section in the dance, and I FELL, on my butt, in front of EVERYONE. It was super embarrassing. It was so bad that They replaced that video with a different one in the recital dvd, so no one would see my fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment